Senior photo shoots are some of my favorites so I thought I would share a few Senior Session tips with all of you soon to be graduate out there. Every photographer is different when it comes to portrait shoots so remember when you are looking for a photographer to see if you like their style before booking your session! I consider my style a bit more warm, candid, lots of movement, and moody.
- Pick a location/season that you love. This can be a representation of your style /personality. It can be your highschool. Or even your home! Senior photos are something you tend to look back on when you are older and it’s always a great way to bring back those memories when the location means something to you.
- Bring tons of outfits! Photographers will usually say how many outfits you are allowed during a session. This is typically up to three for me because it’s the perfect amount of time during your session to change into each. Let your fashion be a statement piece for your personality. Also, who doesn’t love a few different outfit options for their social media?
- Bring props! Express Yourself! Maybe you have your cap and gown already? Play sports bring your gear along too! Any extracurricular activities you are a part of in school can be great to incorporate in your photos! Maybe your parent’s class rings, or your dad’s cool car? A cool jean jacket with your “Class of 2020” painted on the back. Bring your best friend. There are no limits!
- Maybe you have a pet you want to grab a few shots of. UHHH DUH YES! What a great way to get you to smile real big for your photos. And a great memory to look back on when you are all grown.
- Relax & Have Fun! Senior sessions can seem nerve-wracking, but honestly, this is all about you. So take a few deep breaths and have fun. Smile big, be sassy, give some side-eye, and do your thing! When I have Senior Sessions, I love to capture those perfect yearbook poses, but my favorite thing is to just have fun with my seniors.
Here are a few favorites from my recent Senior Sessions. Keep scrolling to see all of the fashion, props, and location ideas!!